Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Some Things Are Worth Mentioning

.




If I have something I like, I like recommending that item to my friends.



In 1974, I bought a Sanyo oscillating fan. It has a metal cage and a blue clear plastic blade. The parts that make it oscillate have long worn out but that fan is still working 36 years later.



The house I live in was built in 1988. The people who built it put in six Victorian style Casablanca ceiling fans. Twenty two years later, they all still work great. I’ve had to have two flywheels replaced but these fans look like new and should last forever. I love them!



My Nissan hardbody pickup is a 91. I bought it in October of 90 brand new. I paid it off when some accounts came due in January 91. Twenty years later, it runs fantastic. I’ve only put 75,000 miles on it. I’ve replaced the battery four times and the tires twice. Recently, I put on a new muffler. The first 15 years, it was garaged, but the last five it has set out. Except for when the battery died (four times), it has never failed to start. The ac works great on it. I’ve used it many times to haul gravel, appliances, and furniture. I would buy another one.



The last item I would like to mention is an ink pen. Until 2005, I had never had an ink pen last until it ran out of ink. How many times have you picked up a pen and went to write something and the ball was frozen. If you didn’t rip the paper, you had to grab something else and try scribbling with it until it started writing, if it ever worked again. Anyway, in 2005, my work bought some Pilot pens. They are clear and say Pilot BETTER Retractable Medium. Not one of these pens has ever failed to write and I’ve personally run at least ten of them out of ink.



Things you are happy with are worth telling people about.
.
.
.Follow up Nov 15, 2010 - You can no longer find the Pilot BETTER pen.  Luckily, the Dr. Grip by Pilot uses the same "revolutionary ink."  It's a #77227 refill.
.

No comments: