Monday, August 23, 2010

Publicize My Thoughts?



I have published my thoughts on this blog and have done so for some time. Before the internet, I used to blog, but it didn’t have a name and they weren’t posted where strangers could happen upon them. But do I publicize them now? Tough question.

Way back in 1970, there was a guy named Vic who was a senior on the track team and I, a junior. We both were high jumpers. I can’t remember ever beating him. One meet, I finally hit 6’0”. I think Vic may have gone 6’1” at that meet. I’m not sure if he ever knew, but I was kinda jealous. Vic was leading the way. The way I wanted to go. I wanted to be #1. He was.

I haven’t seen Vic since then (1970) but he has appeared one again in my life via facebook. I love technology.

Well, here’s the deal. Vic is once again leading the way. Vic has a blog. He writes on it often and it’s very good. Plus, he’s got followers and he wants people to read it. Do I follow the path that he has created or do I continue to write for myself? Do I let people in on ME, what I’m all about. Tough call. I’m not sure. Scares hell outa me.

Let me think about it. We’ll see if I’m that brave. I know, I know. 20 years plus in the military, 20 years as a cop, what have I got to be afraid of? Rejection, failure? Like I pondered before, letting people in?

Still thinking.

No comments: